Job type: Full time
Directly reports to: Lead .NET Developer
The .NET Developer is responsible for building different applications and sites for our external clients and Jellyfish Connect’s MagazineCloner client back office, reporting suite, pocketmag.com, uopen.com and other consumer sites. They will be also responsible for the development of the companies’ APIs so that the mobile developers can communicate with the core infrastructure.
- Maintain a high standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Test your code, be it client or server side.
- Endeavour to reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development server and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers.
- Be willing to work in a research capacity to find and test new software that may improve our current systems.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Educated to a degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of .NET, ASP.NET (using C#), MVC
- Experience of using version control (TFS or Git Hub).
- Knowledge and understanding of Databases (MS SQL Server).
- Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s.
- Understanding and effective management of IIS, Windows Servers and Azure.
- Supporting Legacy Applications.
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Has high personal standards and promotes them in others.
- A valued team member, who upholds Jellyfish’s values and professional integrity at all times.
- Demonstrates a methodical way of working, with the ability to cope with competing demands.
- Attention to detail.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly listening skills.
- 22 days’ holiday, increasing to 23 days after 1 years’ service and 24 after 2 years’ service.
- Guaranteed annual bonus
- Private healthcare.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ride2Work scheme.
- Company pension scheme
- An excellent working environment.
- The opportunity to develop your skills.
- The opportunity to work with varied, international clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Life Assurance scheme.
If you are interested please send your CV to Careers@jellyfish.co.uk.